Friday, October 21, 2005

Of love and hatred ...

(image placeholder)

Dear God,
Why did you take my father away from me 17 years ago?
Why did you ripped the only love I had from my life?
Why did you choose him out of so many others?
Do you know how much I am suffering right now?
Do you know how much I miss my father?
How could you be so cruel to let a young man leave his children all alone in this cruel world?
How could you let me grew up without a father?
How could you let me suffer now?

Dear Mom,
You shut me out soon after Dad died.
Never once you showed how much you love me.
You got me into depression and didn’t offer a hand at all.
I hate you!

Dear Dad
You left me on July 19th, 1988.
I was only eleven.
Nobody cared for me since then.
I have never stopped thinking of you.
The only picture I have of you is now tattered and torn.
Once in a while I would take out that picture.
“My father was a handsome man.”  I would say to myself.
Then I would ponder upon how would my life be now if you are still around.
I pictured myself running to your arms every time I am having a hard day.
I pictured you consoling me and guiding me to the smooth path of life.
Every night since you left me, I would cry to sleep cos I miss you so much.
I miss all those nights you cradled me to sleep.
I miss your kisses and hugs.
I miss your smile.
I miss you, Dad.
Why did you leave me Dad?

Dear “G”
I met you when I was in need of a father, a friend and a lover.
You came into my life and took the roles of all three.
In you, I was reminded of the times I spent with my dad.
In you, I found a friend who is sincere and put me on top of other priorities.
In you, I found the love I lost years ago.
What we have between us is like a forbidden fruit.
I treasure all that you have done for me.
I love you.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you as I lost my dad when I was 10. We may not understand now but trust His heart. Wish I find someone like you that I can call my lover.