Thursday, October 20, 2005

Hmmm ....

Was disappointed at the club scene in Singapore last nite.  It used to be so much fun 10 years ago, now it’s just crappy.  
Ten years ago, club hopping on Wednesdays were so much fun for the ladies.  I mean, apart from the free entry and drinks (which are usually diluted and crappy .. ha ha … but it’s even crappier now!) for ladies nite’ we also got to dance to different music genre and meet different group of people.  It’s not about the free drinks or free cover charges, but it’s cos on Wednesdays, you can see groups of ladies just out having fun jumping from one club to another.  Now, you dun see all that…. Bummer!
Last nite, my two friends and me decided to club hop (it’s been a fucking long time since we actually go club hopping and we thought of reviving our old days where we used to have fun watching other people get drunk and wasted ) since it’s ladies nite but it was such a big disappointment.  We went from one club to another, music was playing, drinks were flowing but everywhere was EMPTY!  The 3 clubs we went to were all empty, with only 3-4 patrons drinking by the bar and another 2-3 on the dance floor.  We were like thinking, where were all the ladies?  Where were all the independent woman who used to have so much fun with one another?  Not only the clubs were empty, the streets were empty too and it was only midnight!!!
We ended the night and each of us retreated to our coves… I fixed myself some shots at home and I got drunk alone watching crappy soap dramas … Bad choice! Bad hangover! Bad girl!  ARGH!

Anyway.

Now I’m typing this with a throbbing aching on the left side of my head (should anybody piss that side off, he/she will definitely get a good lashing from me) and thinking about him.  Monday is my birthday and he has sent me an email contemplating about meeting some of my friends for my small birthday chill-out session.  Looks like I’ve to cancel the whole gathering.  I mean, hey, if he’s uncomfortable, wouldn’t I be uncomfortable too?  So as not to create a racket out of it, might as well cancel it.  I mean, there’s always next year and the next year when I hit the BIG THREE … maybe then I should have a bash!  NOT!

He’ll be in a meeting these two days.  Won’t be able to text or talk much I guess.  I’m sure he’ll be knackered by the time he is here on Saturday.  Will try my best not to tire him out. Wink



No comments: