Monday, October 17, 2005

What Do I Want?

He kept asking me what I want for my birthday.  
Told him I want his heart.
Said I already hold the key to his heart.
How can I hold the key to his heart when his heart contains the love of his family?
I have no right to hold that key, they do.
I am only placed that that tiny somewhere in his heart and I am thankful for that.
I know that I am in his thoughts 24/7 just like he is in mine.
I know that when I am thinking and missing him, he is feeling the same.
I know that when I am crying in pain, sadness, anger or frustrations, his heart aches in pain.
When he says he loves me, I know it’s true.
When he says he needs me, I wish I can be there to give him the TLC that he needs.
The romance and love we share whenever we are together, how I wish they’d last forever.
Those times when he held me close and wiped away my tears, how I wish they’d be constant.
Those hugs and kisses and warmth he gave, how I wish I’d have them throughout.
Though I yearn for more of all these, I am contented with what has been given.
I know he always try his best to give me the best of everything but alas there’s a limit to everything.
And now he asks me what I would want for my birthday?
Funny …
When I asked for him to take me as his woman and he said yes, that was his best present for me.
And I ain’t asking for anything more than that… nothing more than love and warmth.
Ha ha ha …
Maybe I should’ve asked for that trip to Spain or that ring from Tiffany & Co or whatever else that a typical mistress would ask ….
But why have all these material when unconditional love and warmth gives you more satisfaction?  
That vacation or that ring or all the rest won’t give me the comfort that I need.
They won’t be able to whisper “I Love You” and “I Miss You” to me.
They won’t be able to hug me and comfort me when I am down.
They are just plastics of the world, they won’t be able to cry or laugh with me.
I love him and for whatever he is and for all the love and concern he’s showered me with.
I love his tum tum, his sweet smile and that funny character.
I love those arms that I lay on to go to sleep.
I love when he soap me in the shower.
I love when he pours the wine for me.
I love when he plays with my hair in bed.
I love when he walk through the door and call out “Baby!”
I love our forbidden love … I love him …  

Now … am I asking for too much? …. Hmmm …

No comments: